Here are a few tips to keep in mind to keep you and your family safe this weekend.
If traveling by vehicle is part of your plans these safety steps are for you:
- Be well-rested and alert, use your seat belts, observe speed limits, and follow the rules of the road. Clean your headlights and turn them on as dusk approaches or in inclement weather.
- Don’t drink and drive. Have a designated driver available.
- Give your full attention to the road. Avoid distractions such as cell phones
- Use caution in work zones. There are lots of construction projects underway on the highways.
- Don’t follow other vehicles too closely.