A busy week is upon us! Millions of Americans are getting ready to travel.
AAA projects that 55.4 million people will travel 50 miles or farther from home Thanksgiving. This is 2.3% increase from last year.
The busiest day to travel will be Wednesday November 22. Drivers are encouraged to leave home in the morning or after 6 p.m. to avoid heaviest traffic.
On Sunday November 26, the worst traffic is expected to between 3 p.m. and 5 p.m. The best time to travel on the Sunday after Thanksgiving would be before noon.
Ensure you make it safely to your destination, here are a few tips:
- Drive sober or designate a driver
- Always wear your seat belt
- Pre-trip your vehicle
- Don’t drive distracted
- Plan your route a head of time
- Stay up to date on traffic conditions
- Check the weather
- Don’t drive drowsy–take frequent breaks
- Have a minimum of a 6-8 second following distance
- Know what is going on on all 4 sides of your vehicle
- Know where your escape routes are
Keep these few tips in mind to ensure you arrive safely to and from your destination.